Timelines Awardprogram - Design Requirements
Become a webdesigner
timelines, awardprogram, awards won, webmaster, sitemap
f - code of ethics
i - criteria
j - content
l - design
t - wsr - page
a b c d f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
1) Does your design allow for easy navigation between pages? Long pages need "up to top " buttons set regularly within your page. Do you also provide "previous" and "next" buttons at the bottom of each page? 6 points.
2) Are you sure that all of your pages have a specific title tag so that each page has its own name? 2 points.
xxx up xxx
Please read The Idocs Guide To HTML by Miko O'Sullivan. (External link)
3) Have you added meta tags and alt tags to your pages? Meta tags are placed into the head of your HTML code. You can give information about the author, add keywords and a description of your pages for search engines. Do you also state what language is used, if your content is rated for all audiences? Do you display a copyright tag and detail how often search engines should visit your site? Meta tag generator. (External link) 2 points.
4) Do all of your images have a short description known as an alt tag which appears when you hold the mouse over an image in Internet Explorer? They are also important for viewers with impaired vision and 'no image' page views to be able to read what your pictures are about. It is easy to add an alt tag to an image. 2 points.
How to add an alt tag to an image:
<img src="images/yourimage.jpg" alt="description of your image" width="750" height="250">
Have you read the W3C definition of an alt tag? (External link)
12 points can be achieved. Does your site still comply? Wow!
xxx up xxx
5) Does your site open also in a 800 x 600 screen resolution without horizontal scrolling? As a good webdesigner you can create a site that complies with all screen resolutions. You loose 10 points, if your site does not comply. (New 2008 August 27).
Fill in "Simon" at Application- form "I have read the criteria".
xxx up xxx
Awardprogram I Purpose I Notification I Evaluation I Code of Ethics I Disqualifiers I 2 I Awardgraphics I 2 I Criteria I Content I Presentation I Design I General I Privacy I Selftest I Application I Credits I Copyright I Winners I WSR- Page I Future Winners I Gold Winners I Silver Winners I Bronze Winners I Evaluator I 2 I Status I Ratings I Links
@ Copyright Timelines 2003 - 2014
back up next